Motivational Influencer and a Life Advocate with unshakable Faith. My commitment to see you thrive ignites my purpose to illuminate your journey beyond past or present obstacles in life. You are meant to succeed.
The Neglect of Self-Care
Sometimes in the lives we lead, it is easy to neglect our well-being. Whether it is a deadline we are pushing to meet that we lose sleep or a sick child needing our care that we shift our energy to them; it is for everything outside of us to consume the much-needed space to take care of ourselves.
For myself, it became easy to be sleep deprived running on fumes from overseeing multiple business ventures that came with world travels, having a family and more specifically, having a son with special needs. I knew quickly that I could not continue this way if I wanted to remain effective and competent in the myriad of roles I carried.
The Dedication To Self-Care
As a result, I made a conscious decision to find ways to all for creativity, little to no time constraints and low costs with making what I call, “My Spa Day D.I.Y. Staycation.” My Spa Day D.I.Y. Staycation was a way for me to do an activity with things I can find in my home or on the go at a local drug store if I am traveling.
Without having to book a spa appointment, travel to the spa and travel back home or to my hotel, I make the most of my time by being able to squeeze in some, “me time,” whenever or wherever it works in my schedule.
In doing so, I have found the freedom in meeting my own well-being refreshed, rejuvenated and motivated to meet the demands outside of me.
The Importance of Self-Care
If we do not care for ourselves, we truly cannot care for others successfully. When you take the time to nurture yourself, you ultimately cultivate the seeds inside of you to bloom great vision, great purpose and great service to others. #1tm #nextlevel #selfcare
Terri Matthews D.I.Y. Spa Day Staycation SUGAR SCRUB
1 cup of sugar
¼ cup of oil (ex: Baby Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil etc.)
Essential Oils (ex: eucalyptus oil [*Terri’s Favorite], tea tree oil, lavender oil etc.)
1 Mason Jar
1 Mixing Bowl
- Pour sugar into the mixing bowl.
- Pour ¼ cup of oil in the mixing bowl.
- Pour drops of essential oils in the mixing bowl (as many as you’d like)…
- Transfer mixture into a mason jar.
- You can take old flowers and crush them into the mixture to add color and a fresh scent to the scrub.
- You can use food coloring to add a unique color palette to the scrub.
- Scrub lasts for up to 2 weeks.
- Great Exfoliation Scrub for the face or body while taking a shower or bath.
- Get Creative: make a special song playlist and light your favorite candles. This is your time!