By Mayshad Mag
Mayshad Magazine is an advocacy platform for empowerment which mainly focuses on empowering women, raising awareness and exploring a contemporary lifestyle.
– Describe your professional life in a few words.
I am a gym owner and my passion is to change the lives of others for the better. My work focuses on educating people about nutrition and exercise and providing them with a space that will support them in their fitness journey. I try to practice what I preach by living a healthy lifestyle and showing that I am always trying to create the best version of myself no matter what.
– Tell us about your most empowering accomplishment.
It would be when I won first place in my international fitness competition in the United Kingdom. I had been training for months following a strict diet and training program and had just gotten endorsed by the Lebanese minister of sports to represent Lebanon abroad. Winning first place against so many professional fitness models was a very empowering moment for me where I learned that I can reach any challenging goal that I set my mind on.
– How do you add value to other people’s lives?
My gym has helped to change the lives of many people for the better by helping them reach their fitness goals. Along with this, I also have a free website and mobile app called Startlivingright which users can download from any smartphone store. This application has diet plans, workout programs, recipes and lots of information and advice to change the lives of other people. I transformed my life through fitness and wanted to do the same for other people. The application has more than 50,000 downloads and I have received messages from people around the world saying that it has helped them live a healthier lifestyle.
Along with this, I hosted a TV show on MTV Lebanon for almost three years which helped people exercise with me at home especially if they do not have access to a gym. I also regularly give workshops to help share my journey with other people and inspire them to believe in themselves to change for the better the same way I did.
– According to you, what does it take to be successful?
I think you need to love your work and add value to the lives of other people. If you are passionate about what you do and your work makes a difference in someone else’s life, then you are successful.
– To be a Mayshad Woman is a choice a woman makes to live a stimulating life with a positive philosophy based on Gratitude, Acceptance and Accomplishment, in order to Be Who She Wants to Be. She handles different aspects of her life with confidence a makes sure to always remain herself, guarding her own values. She is a free spirit, who designs her own life inspiring others to do the same.
– Based on this description, how do you relate to the Mayshad Woman philosophy?
I relate to this philosophy because I am someone who has pursued all my goals no matter what and my aim is to inspire others to achieve the same results. I have always followed my passions regardless of criticism I have received. For example, when I started competing in my competitions I was criticized across social media but did not let that stop me. Instead, I have inspired other girls to do the same thing and to remain true to their dreams and not to let the fear of what others think stop them from living their lives to the fullest.