Paired with fresh green vegetables, Italian pasta is the greatest summer meal. You can customized with any vegetable of the season for a burst of delicious flavors. Compiled are our all time favorites from Jamie Oliver, easy and delicious.
Spring Veg Pasta:
- 1 x 350 g bunch of asparagus
- 2 small courgettes
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 60 g crème fraîche
- 1 handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese , plus extra to serve
- ½ a lemon
- 400 g tagliatelle
- olive oil
- 100 g pancetta
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint
1. Fill a large saucepan with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
2. Peel the vegetables into ribbons with a speed peeler. Set aside.
3. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the crème fraîche and Parmesan cheese, and finely grate in the lemon zest. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper, mix well.
4. Cook the pasta in the large pan of boiling water according to the packet directions.
5. Heat a table spoon of oil in a large pan. Chop and add the pancetta for 4 to 5 minutes, until crisp.
6. Setting aside a cupful of water, drain the pasta.
7. Off the heat, add the pasta to the pancetta, pick in most of the mint, then add the vegetable ribbons, egg mixture and a splash of pasta water.
8. Stir all together. (add more pasta water if you think it needs it.)
9. Serve up, top each bowl with the remaining mint leaves and an extra grating of Parmesan.