Chicken is a beloved food staple, providing necessary protein for the human diet. Preparing chicken can get repetitive but it doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless! Try this recipe for Italian grilled chicken for a healthy, simple, and delicious dinner.
- 5 pounds chicken breast
- 2 TB oregano (about a small palm full)
- 2 TB dried thyme
- 2 TB dried basil
- 2 TB garlic powder
- Large pinches of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil (enough to drizzle over both sides of chicken)
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, thyme, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Lay chicken breasts on baking sheet or plate. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with seasoning and rub. Drizzle olive oil on both sides of chicken. Place on hot grill, over medium heat. Grill 5-7 minutes on each side or until done, when juices run clear.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with salad for a fast, healthy dinner!
Recipe and photo source: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Dypi2TpDAng/SlU6qRA2JNI/AAAAAAAACBQ/w3nZCJrdCDM/s1600-h/IMG_5637.JPG