Craving something spicy? These easy chicken fajitas are a great dinner option for a filling, flavorful culinary experience.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Finely Sliced
- 1 Red Onion, Finely Sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Finely Sliced Red Chili
- Heaping Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- Pinch of Cumin
- Tablespoon Ground Coriander
- Large Pinch Salt and Cracked Pepper
- 2 Medium Garlic Cloves Crushed
- Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 Lime
- Tabasco for Tasting
- Wholegrain Tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and wrap the tortillas in foil.
- Finely slice chicken, onion and pepper.
- Add these ingredients to a mixing bowl and then add the spice ingredients in the listed order.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot and put the tortillas in the oven wrapped in the foil. Add olive oil and the contents of the mixing bowl to the pan and move over a high heat using tongs to get a nice charring effect. Be careful not to overcook the chicken as it can become dry. 10 seconds or so after the chicken appears done find the thickest part and tear in half to check if it is cooked. The cooking process will not take long. It is ideal to get chicken that is still moist but charred on the outside, which requires a high heat.
- Once cooked tip the pan contents into a large bowl and serve with the heated tortillas (they should have been in the oven around 8 mins) and the various toppings (lettuce, salsa, sour cream, Tabasco).