1- Who Is Caroline?
She was born and raised in Haiti. Half Haitian by her dad and half Canadian by her mom, she had the privilege to grow up in a double culture in a beautiful country surrounded by love. Despite the many conflicting characteristics of growing up in Haiti due to the political unrest, she was fortunate enough to have happy memories. This beginning had a big impact on who she is today. Growing up in Haiti gave her the opportunity to learn about family values and the respect of others.
While spending her university years in Montreal, Caroline met her husband who is Moroccan. After graduating they decided to move to Morocco where another journey began. At this period of her life, she was overwhelmed by all kind of emotion going from eager to fear. Leaving in a country with other customs and traditions made her realized that tolerance and acceptance are essential values in life.
Caroline is the mother of a 13 years old girl. Motherhood has taught her the real meaning of devotion and dedication to another human being. For her, having a child is a wonderful blessing that brings special joys and fills the heart with pride.
Not too long ago, Caroline faced the death of her father. Like many of us, she has been affected by the loss of a loved one. Instead of letting self-pity to take over, she chose to look at what she could learn from that experience and continue to find happiness.
After working for more than 15 years in private and public sector companies (administration, finance and public services) she recently discovered her passion for making soap. That is how” Ma Ha” natural soap” is born!
2- Being a Mother, a Wife and an ENTREPRENEUR, Could you please share with us how can we find balance between the different aspects of our life?
These days, work-life balance can seem like an impossible feat. Finding balance between work and life does not just happen; you have to work at it! You have to be proactive. Balance requires effort, planning and tradeoffs!
This balance means something different to every individual, but for me, the following points are essentials:
- Learn how to prioritize. Understand that there are 24 hours each day and remember that life never goes as planned but at least you have a goal each day to work towards.
- Make sure you set aside specific time for everyone as each one deserves attention at some point but remember yourself. Don’t get overwhelmed caring for everyone and forget yourself. Make time to self-care with an activity you like whether its exercise, yoga or meditation. Those are effective stress reducer which pumps endorphins through the body!
- Unplug from time to time. Technology has helped our lives in many ways but it also created expectations of constant accessibility. The workday never seems to end. Just shut off your phone and enjoy the moment!
Finding balance is a lifetime project, it is ongoing. It is not a finite goal at the end of which you will have a peaceful, calm and meaningful life. Balance is a way of living. It is a process.
3- Please describe us your Lifestyle in Few Words?
The definition of lifestyle is “a way of life or a style of living that reflects the attitudes and values”. My lifestyle is fairly simple. Eating a balanced healthy diet, thinking positively, exercising regularly, having good relationships and a good life balance!
4- Based on the following description, how would you relate to the Mayshad Woman Philosophy?
I don’t know if I totally relate to the Mayshad philosophy, but what I can say is that positivity is part of my way of being. I really think that positive thoughts can actually create real values in life and help you build skills!
For me, there are many ways to incorporate a positive frame of mind on a daily basis:
- Embrace positivity by having gratitude for everything you have.
- Learn about positivity by reading inspirational stories. Surround yourself with people who support you.
- Believe in positivity by visualizing in your mind the end result you want to achieve.
It can take a bit of practice, but we all have the power to change our thoughts and behavior. With a bit of discipline, you can be “WHO YOU WANT TO BE”
5- Social media info: