Corporate Lawyer, Always seeking to learn more about spirituality. Altruist by nature and loving.
Yoga is a relaxing discipline, which can have many advantages for one’s health. Some positions can even help you strengthen your muscles and slim down.
Yoga is all about practice, almost all beginners can’t adapt at the first go. The more they gain knowledge about yoga, the more they try to practice new positions. Yoga actually has a mix of different profiles that form its crowd. Pregnant women, old people, middle aged people and lastly children are all included. Generally, it’s the people who lack flexibility the most that are interested by yoga since it plays a big role.
The following 4 yoga positions are the key to losing any tummy fat that is left unwanted:
The Cobra (Bhujangasana)
- Stretch out on your belly, straighten your legs and place palms aligned underneath every shoulder.
Note: Keep your chin and toes on the soil.
- Inhale slowly and gently raise your chest upward. Keep your arms tense and palms on the soil.
- Stay in the same position for 15-30 seconds. Then slowly expire and return to your initial pose.
Beneficial effects of the cobra position:
- Reinforces the abdominal muscles and reduces the grease located on the belly.
- Reinforces the hip and the sciatic nerves
- Allows a better thoracic breathing. Basically helping the thorax get better breathing.
The Arch (Dhanurasana)
- Stretch out flat on the belly, position tense arms along the body and place shoulders leaning backwards.
- Bend your legs and hold your ankles behind your back while staying on your stomach. Keep knees apart but no lower than the width of your hips.
- Raise your head slowly facing upward.
- Try to stay in this position for 30 seconds, all in taking deep breaths.
Repeat this position 5 times with a 15 second interval.
Beneficial effects of the Arch position:
This position is highly recommended for women, in particular. The reason for this is because it helps eliminate cellulites, strengthens the chest and keeps a good body line.
The boat (Naukasana)
- Stretch out on your yoga mat. Keep legs together and both arms aside along your bodyline.
- Keep both arms and toes straight and stretching frontwards to your toes (create a 45 degree angle with your body.)
- Lift chest and feet off the ground, stretch arms towards your feet but remember to time your breathing. Breathe in as much as you breathe out. When you feel the tension in your tummy, then it means the abdominal muscles are contracting.
- Once in this position, let all the weight of your body rest on your buttocks. Make sure your arms and legs are perfectly aligned then hold your breath and remain in the same position for 15 seconds.
- Lastly exhale slowly and bring the body back to its starting position. Relax and preform the same position about 5 times.
Beneficial effects of the boat:
- Burns and reduces the grease of the belly
- Tones up the muscles of legs as well as those of the back.
The Board (Kumbhakasana)
- Stretch out flat on your stomach.
- Place your hands on the soil underneath your shoulders (push-up position) and balance your feet on the toes, equally aligned with your body.
- Place your head facing downwards and straighten out your spinal column. Lift your torso and hips in the air. Lastly, support your body with your straightly stretched arms and hands that are placed on the yoga mat.
- Try to support this position for 30 seconds.
- In order for this position to be effective, you must repeat it 5 times and watch your heavy breathing.
- Relax for 15 seconds in between every repetition.
Beneficial effects of the board:
- Reinforces abdominal muscles and reduces the grease of the belly
- Develops muscles