Passionate about all kinds of food
Makes 12 6 cm cookies
- 150 gr walnut powder (check to notes to see how to make your own walnut flour)
- 100 gr almond powder
- 80 gr caster sugar
- ½ tablespoon butter, softened
- ½ tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 150 gr icing sugar to coat the cookies
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- In a large container, combine all the ingredients together except the icing sugar until you achieve a smooth and slightly sticky dough consistency. Use a spatula or feel free to use your hands.
- Using your hands, to split the dough into 12 small spheres (3 cm, 1 inch diameter).
- Roll each dough ball in icing sugar until entirely coated. (Discard the remaining icing sugar if any or keep it aside for alternative recipe.)
- Place the cookies on a lined baking tray and lightly press each cookie making sure you do not flatten the m completely.
- Transfer in the oven and bake for 10 to 13 minutes, until the cookies look cracked and firm.
- Wait at least 15 minutes for the ghribas to cool down before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely, otherwise you might damage them.
- Direction to make walnut powder: place sliced walnuts into a food processor and process until you achieve a flour consistency. Make sure not too over process the walnuts otherwise you might obtain walnut butter.
- Keep to ghribas in a sealed container to avoid drying out for up to 10 days.