By Mayshad Mag
Mayshad Magazine is an advocacy platform for empowerment which mainly focuses on empowering women, raising awareness and exploring a contemporary lifestyle.
Each action we make has an impact on the environment we live in. And that is a good thing since we don’t have to wait for big corporation or organisation to take action and save the environment for us. Instead we could do it by ourselves, starting by taking measures and changing some of our daily habits:
- Switch off anything that uses energy when not in use at home
- Stop the running water when putting shampoo during that long shower you deserve after a long day, same goes when you are brushing your teeth
- “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle” should be your new motto
- Switch to compact fluorescent or LED light bulbs you might even save some money on the way to.
- Subscribe to online newsletters instead of receiving it in your mail, cutting the waste of paper
- Be a mindful consumer when you shop don’t go overboard stick to necessities and going to the local market will also help the local economy
- Eat less meat and dairy and your body will thank you too
- Buy a reusable cup for coffee and ask the barista to fill it for you at the coffee shop instead of getting a disposable one every day. Same goes with water bottles
- Avoid excess packaging
- Take public transport when possible or invest in bike instead of taking your car. So you’ll get not only a satisfaction from saving the environment but also a good workout at the same time. You will also be amazed by the places you will discover in the neighbourhoods when you walk
- Think about how much trash you make in a year so start composting
- Don’t throw away electronics, donate or recycle when you are done using them
- Use eco-friendly cleaning supplies, vinegar and baking soda will be your best friends