Whenever I cook, I try to come up with tasty dishes, hence with a light twist. So today’s recipe is about a light cauliflower gratin. I love this ingredient for its taste and benefits, as it is known for being rich with vitamins and minerals. Another reason that makes me cook this dish with love is because my kids love all types of gratin, they are curious about what it hides inside and the taste it has. Moreover, it really helps me making them eat healthy, instead of having all the time potatoes and French Fries.
Light Cauliflower Gratin
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small cubes
- Olive oil
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain or Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions or chives
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ Italian-style bread crumbs
Start by preheating the oven to 375° F
- Boil a large pot of water. Add to it a pinch of salt, then boil in cauliflower, keep it covered, until slightly tender, but still firm.
- Drain cauliflower in a colander and rinse with cold water. Pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- Over medium heat put onions and garlic in olive oil until onions begin to caramelize.
- Combine 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, mozzarella cheese, yogurt, scallions and pepper.
Picture from: www.pixabay.com