By Oki Malta
Enjoy the succulent taste of roasted chicken with a burst of other flavors served on a banana leaf platter that adds a zing to your taste buds
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes – 60 minutes
- Serves: 3 to 4
- Total time: 30 minutes – 60 minutes
- Course: Main
- Cook Method: Roast
½ cup soy sauce
1/3 cup Coconut Milk
4 Kaffir Lime Leaves, thinly sliced
1 Cinnamon Quill, crushed
1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
1 Tblsp Fresh Ginger, grated
½ tsp Salt
30g Palm Sugar
¼ tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
¼ tsp Chilli Powder
To Serve Banana Leaves
Steamed Rice, Lime Wedges, Mango Sambal
1. Lay chicken breast side down on a chopping board, using kitchen shears cut along both sides of the backbone.
2.Lay chicken flat and cut through the breastbone to form two halves.
3.Turn chicken over and make a cut in each leg and breast in the thickest part.
4.Place chicken into a shallow dish.
5. Combine marinade ingredients together and mix well. Pour marinade over the chicken and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours up 24 hours. Turn chicken occasionally.
6. Cook chicken on a pre-heated BBQ or Grill basting well for 25 – 30 minutes. If cooking in the oven pre-heat oven 190c and roast for 40 minutes, basting occasionally.
7. Rest chicken 10 minutes before serving on a banana leaf with steamed rice, mango sambal and salad. Drizzle with a little extra soy sauce.