An entrepreneur, with a positive soul and a strong belief that empowers women to reconnect through calm, clarity, creativity and confidence in their lives! Encouraging a happier and healthier you.
Life is hectic. It’s at times overwhelming. It’s common to feel disconnected and lost as you’re scrambling to keep up with the pressures and schedule of life – often left wondering ‘Will I ever be ahead of the game? How will I ever have time to get everything done, let alone do something for myself?’
Welcome to the unfortunate ‘norm’ so many people are living. Well, it’s time to regain control and create a more positive, healthier ‘norm’ for yourself.
Sounds great right? But the daunting question is ‘How?’ That one word can feel impossible to answer because without noticing, our lives quickly become consumed by work, commuting, home life, and wearing the many hats-of-life.
How is it possible to find any time? The answer is: ‘one small thing’
You don’t need to overhaul your life or schedule to incorporate some inner peace and happiness – start with one small thing.
Make one little adjustment to your perception of the day or a choice you make and you’re certain to experience a remarkable and positive impact.
So what does that look like?
Here are a several ideas to help you get going:
- Leave your phone in the other room for 30 mins (or an hour!)
- Let the calls go to voicemail in the morning
- Sip and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee while watching your surroundings
- Enjoy practicing slow deep breaths. Inhale. Exhale
- Take a walk
- Look out the window. What do you see? What do you hear?
- Write! Scribble! Doodle!
- Listen to your favourite song really loud
- Turn on some music and dance around your house
- Be in nature
- Take a 20-minute nap
- Cuddle with a pet
- Make something in your kitchen
- De-cluttering your physical environment actually works in de-cluttering your mind
- Read a book
- Try and learn something new
- Pick up a hobby you have neglected
- Say ‘no’ more often (more to come in our next blog article!)
- Take a bubble bath
- Drink more water
- Call some old friends and meet for lunch
- Listen to a podcast
- Write down three little things you’re grateful for at the end of each day
- Get a massage
My personal favourite new choice which made the greatest impact in my life, and in turn my family’s, has been turning off the television and limiting the times I choose to use social media. It is quite scary how much time it used to consume in my day! I could have learned a new language by now!
The average person will spend nearly two hours (approximately 116 minutes) on social media every day, which translates to a total of 5 years and 4 months spent over a lifetime. http://www.socialmediatoday.com/marketing/how-much-time-do-people-spend-social-media-infographic
Whether you have 5 minutes or you can save an hour, try one small thing today. Then again tomorrow. You’ll soon feel empowered to gradually increase the time and frequency that you spend enjoying ‘life with you.’
Before you know it, you will have made the time to do what you want to do and you’ll be more relaxed and more productive in other areas of your life.
Have a fabulous month finding time for you!