Ginger cake is a delicious, simple, and moist treat to have during hot summer days!
100 grams of sugar
125 grams of butter
300 grams of flour
250 mL of hot water
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ginger
½ teaspoon of ground cloves
½ teaspoon of salt
1 ½ teaspoons of bicarbonate soda
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. In a bowl, mix together the sugar and butter.
3. Then, beat the egg into the bowl.
4. Next, in a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, bicarbonate soda and ground cloves.
5. Blend bowl until creamy, then add add hot water.
6. Pour into a 9-inch tin and bake in oven for an hour.
7. Allow to cool in tin afterwards, then enjoy!
Photography : ROB TANNENBAUM