Parenthood, arguably the most challenging job a person can tackle, is made even more arduous for multitasking working women. Usually, balancing a hectic work schedule and a blooming home life can carry plenty of guilt. Here at Mayshad, we believe that an accomplished woman can lead a successful life without the burden of a guilty conscious. Here are a few simple steps towards achieving guilt-free parenting.
1. Create a schedule that would accommodate and help both your kids and yourself. Guilt often results from a lack of organization. Therefore, put more energy in creating an effective schedule, which will save you valuable time in the long run.
2. Don’t compare your parenting style to others. Circumstances differ from one parent to the other. Your parenting style should be tailored to your own experiences and those of your children.
3. Be a role model to your kids. You do not have to be a perfect parent to be a role model.
Striving towards your ambitions will give the best example for your kids to follow.
4. Get your kids involved in your daily tasks. This will allow them to learn and grow while at the same time lending a helping hand.
5. Learn to delegate. While mothers, most of the time, are the caregivers, they often tend to forget about their own needs. This is where the importance of delegating lays. Seek support from a partner, a friend or even professional help if necessary.