By Kach Medina
Co-Founder of Two Monkeys Travel Group.
As much as we love traveling by ourselves or with our friends, it’s a whole new experience when you travel with your parents! Whether you’ve both been to the destination or not, you get to share a new experience with your parents and create a stronger bond.
You’ll get to share your differing or similar opinions about a city and learn how someone older than you views something. Maybe you’ll eat at different restaurants, stay in fancier hotels, and do different sightseeing that you would otherwise not do if you were by yourself or with your friends.
- TAKE THAT HELICOPTER RIDE!
Have you ever wanted to see a city from an aerial view? Well, now’s your chance! Take a helicopter ride OVER London and see the sparkling city from a bird’s eye view.
The London Helicopter takes tourists on a helicopter ride over the city. They are the only helicopter tour company that takes tourists over the capital. You can go solo (if your parents don’t want to go with you!) or in a group of up to 6 people.
The London Helicopter Details– It’s located at The London Heliport Battersea, London, SW11 3BE and you can call them at 020 7887 2626. Prices are below:
- London Buzz: £150 per person on a shared, 12-minute flight or £750 for exclusive use (1-6 people)
- London Sights: £200 per person on a shared, 18-minute flight or £1,000 for exclusive use (1-6 people)
- London Max: £1,500 exclusive use only for 30 minutes (maximum 6 people)
- GO ON A DUCK TOUR AND EXPERIENCE THE THAMES RIVER
Go on a bus tour around the City and wrap it up with a quick boat ride in Thames River seeing the other side of the Big Ben! The London Duck Tours takes tourists on this tour of the city.
You can take a Classic Tour, where you will see some of the major sites around London such as the London Eye, the Houses of Parliament, and Westminster Abbey. You can also choose the Pirate Treasure Hunt, where you will see the major sites of London while also figuring out various tasks!
- WATCH A WEST END MUSICAL
We highly recommended the Mamma Mia Musical! We even met and had a “fan photo” with the male lead star of the show – Richard Trinder!
They have many different shows going on every single night, from Aladdin, Groundhog Day, School of Rock, Rent, and MANY more! Many of the shows are performing for a few weeks, so book your tickets now!
Take a look at this awesome offer! This Tinggly coupon, a Theatre and Dinner Package in London for Two, let you have a night out in the famous London West End and dine in one of the many chic restaurants in London for a set price, and then see a show of your choice. If you’ve ever wanted to see Wicked, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, or many more, now is your chance!
- VISIT ALL THE MAIN TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN LONDON
Buckingham Palace – Buckingham Palace is the headquarters of the monarch of the United Kingdom
- Schedule: 23 July – 31 August 2016: Open daily 09:15-19:45 / 1 September – 2 October 2016: Open daily 09:15-18:45
- Cost: Adult £37.00
- Location: London SW1A 1AA
National Gallery – The National Gallery has some of the greatest collections of paintings in the world
- Schedule: Daily 10am–6pm / Friday 10am–9pm
- Cost: Free Admission
- Location: Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN
- The London Eye – The London eye is a giant Ferris wheel overlooking London and the River Thames- you can see London from a bird’s eye view (especially if you don’t take that helicopter ride!) The schedule starts at 9.30am Ticket Office opens, 10.00am first rotation, closing time differs based on month (Cost: Fast Track ticket is £29.45 and Location: London SE1 7PB)
Schedule: 9.30am Ticket Office opens, 10.00am first rotation, closing time differs based on the month
Cost: Fast Track ticket is £29.45
Location: London SE1 7PB
- Visit the National Theater – The National Theater is a performing arts venue in London with various performance shows
o Cost: Book ticket in person: 9.30am – 11 pm Monday to Saturday, Ticket prices vary on the show (usually between £20 and £60)
o Location: Upper Ground, London SE1 9PX
Have a photo in OXO Tower – OXO Tower is a restaurant and cocktail bar with a scenic view of London and live music
- Opening Hours: LUNCH: Monday – Saturday, 12 midday – 3pm/ Sunday, 12 midday – 3.30pm / AFTERNOON TEA: Monday – Friday, 3pm – 4.30pm / DINNER: Monday – Friday, 6pm- 11pm/ Saturday, 5.30pm – 11pm / BAR: Monday – Thursday, 11am – 11pm/ Friday – Saturday, 11am – Midnight/ Sunday, 12 midday – 10.30pm
- Cost: Prices vary depending on the meal
- Location: 02 Barge House St, London SE1 9GY
Ride a boat in the Thames River – See London from a different perspective along the river, many boats have cafes and restaurants on board!
- Boats depart every 30 minutes and depart from Westminster, London Eye, Tower (heading East or West), and Greenwich
- Cost: Single Ticket £10.00
- Location: Westminster Pier, London Eye Pier, Tower Pier (heading East or West), and Greenwich Pier, Bankside Pier
- GO TO THE SOUTH BANK
The South Bank is the largest arts center that is singly run in the entire world. Some of it includes the Royal Festival Hall and Hayward Gallery. It’s located on the South Bank of the Thames and opened in 1951 for the Festival of Britain. There are music, art, and dance performances throughout the year that take place here.
- Enjoy the Food Truck in South Bank – Some of the best food trucks in London are:
o Choc Star Van: For the chocolate lovers
o Ca Phe Vietnam: Traditional Vietnamese food
o Bleecker Street Burger: NYC Burgers
o You Doughnut: Delicious doughnuts
o Wahaca Street Kitchen: Tacos, burritos, and the likes
- TRY DIFFERENT RESTAURANTS IN PICCADILLY CIRCUS
London is very famous for having international cuisine. Why there? It’s the most convenient location to most of the highlight in London! It might be expensive but it’s all worth it. Here are some delicious restaurants you shouldn’t miss out on when visiting London with your parents! Check out BABAJI Turkish Restaurant (Turkish and Middle Eastern food) and you should try the Goat cheese and Walnut Pides, Mezzes, Hummus, Mevlana. The quality of food is very high, they serve delicious meals suitable for lunches and pre-dinner shows. Their food is flavorful, hearty, and healthy and customers can choose between any delicious entree on a simple menu. It’s suitable for vegetarians and meat lovers! The service is friendly and fast, adding to the delightful atmosphere. Location: 53 Shaftesbury Avenue, London W1D 6LB
- WALK AROUND THE TOWER BRIDGE
This is one of London’s most famous bridges and even has a glass floor for optimal viewing from a unique perspective! It was built in 1886 and crosses the River Thames. The architecture is phenomenal as well as the views you get when you walk over it. An adult ticket is £9.00, and below are the hours of operation:
- Summer Opening Hours: April – September 10:00 – 17:30
- Winter Opening Hours: October – March 09:30 – 17:00
- VISIT SAINT PAUL’S CATHEDRAL
Saint Paul’s Cathedral is a gorgeous Anglican Cathedral in London that sits at the highest point in the City. The original church on this site dates back as far as AD 604. From 1710 to 1962 it was London’s tallest building, towering over the city at 111 meters. An adult ticket costs £18.00, and it’s open from Monday to Saturday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- HAVE A PICNIC OR GO BOATING IN THE SERPENTINE IN HYDE PARK
Visitors can take a boat in the Serpentine lake, enjoy a picnic on the grass during the warm summer months, or enjoy a concert or exhibition that takes place sporadically throughout the year at Hyde Park. It’s a great place to come and relax to escape the bustling city and get some fresh air! The admission is free, and it’s open 5:00 am to Midnight
- VISIT THE VICTORIA AND ALBERT MUSEUM
Founded in 1852, this is London’s largest museum of decorative design and art, with over 4.5 million objects to see. It’s named after Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. Visitors will find themselves spending hours gazing at the collections of jewelry, ceramics, silver, costumes, furniture, sculpture, textiles, amongst many other things. It’s free admission and open daily from 10.00 – 17.45 and on Friday from 10.00 – 22.00.